Monday 29 October 2007

Week Three overview

This week Our group has got a lot more than expected done which is good. We together finished the storyboards by meeting up everyday and reworking the story. Then Me and Aminata stayed till late on Friday to finish the first draft of the animatic. From this we were able to see that the flim was too long (2min 30's) and had to cut out scenes such as the resistance scene. We felt that it just didn't quite fit and the story could easily be told without it. We also felt that some scenes were too rushed such as the wedding scene we want to make this scene longer when she is dancing in the street. I have been working on Photoshop this week in my own time developing a style for when we model and texture the street I was extremerly pleased with the outcome as were my group. We haven't yet decided wether we want the watercolour filter effect on or not. I have also been collecting research for charcter design. I have looked at different breeds of Dogs and started roughly sketching the character. We decided that Genettes dog is going to be a bassett hound we felt that the dog had to reflect her charcter which a bassett hound does. I then started looking in 1950's women and started sketching a young Genette I really like the design however I would like to experiement with hairstyles more.
Next week we are going to add music to our animatic. We all want to work on our character desgins . We have decided to use Aminatas design for the corridan and Genette. We have also decided to use my design of the dog. However the young Genette and husband has not been decided. I am going to colour my dog on Photoshop and have a model sheet finished by next week I am also going to do a few more waterclour painting's of Paris. I will also start sketching more for a young Genette and the husband. Hopefully I shall have a few model and expression sheets next week so I can start modelling these charcter's.

No comments: