Monday 15 October 2007

Week One overview

We met up this week first thing Monday 8th Morning to discuss the story:Ginette's Milimelo. All group members were present(Tim, Yemi, Aminata and me). The story as it stood had great ideas and potential but didn't resolve itself properly, the ending needed work. We discussed the story, broke it down and together restructured it. I really liked the idea of the women coming out of the picture, I thought it had potential to be visually fantastic. Unfortunately as soon as we established the beginning middle and end we realised that the story was too long for 2 min. we ended upcut out unnecessary work, such as the pigeon and the girl coming out of the picture. I was disappointed but understood that it was necessary.
Once we established the story, I collected research (pictures) from the Internet and looked into inspiring artists such as David Mack (a comic book artist), Dave Mckean, Hector Guimard etc. I also brought in books such as Blacksad Artwork,The making of Superman Returns and David Macks Kubiui Dreams.
I used this research and discussed different styles for the film.
In the third meeting Aminata brought in a couple of french abulms. We listened to them all and chose four Paris Musette track.
After the meetings I went away and brought some watercolour's I could experiement with, I also did a few sketches ready for next week .

No comments: